where can i get a power steering and ac belt tensioner apart from main dealer


Asked by May 22, 2013 at 09:53 AM about the 2001 Chrysler Neon

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

i have a neon rt 2.0i 16valve 2001 i lost power steering a few days ago only to find it threw the belt we replaced belt which was instantly thrown when we looked at all cogs we noticed the tensioner wheel was nackered and now i am having real problems getting one main dealers want £470 plus vat is there any where else i can try.

4 Answers


Have you stopped in any of your local auto parts stores? They should have an OE one, sometime in stock.

1 people found this helpful.

the cheapest way to buy parts is on line from e-bay it take about a week for delivery but you will save o lot of money more than 50% and you can get any parts you want


the tensioner arm is probably fine, its just the pulley that needs replaced, you can get a gates brand one from rockauto.com pretty cheap. the hard part is getting to the pulley as the whole side mount of the engine has to come off.


If your still looking for one. I have a full unit for sale. Mine went on my rt. but I sold the car before I put it on. It's a used part. I paid 80 quid for it. I'm open to offers. I take it your in the uk?

1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer:


Looking for a Used Neon in your area?

CarGurus has thousands of nationwide listings and the tools to find you a great deal.


Chrysler Neon Experts

  • #1
    Chad Prestridge
  • #2
    Justin Gilmore
  • #3
    Dave Cox
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.