no heat

Asked by Nov 14, 2012 at 02:32 PM about the 2000 Chrysler Neon

we recently replaced the rad and the thermostat. since then we have no heat but the temp gauge shows that there is. what could be the problem. we are thinking water pump but how to you check if it is the problem? It isnt leaking at all or using lots of fluids

255

I would look into the heater core if there is no heat, or do you mean on the gauge?

255

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch? v=z8u3OpayY5s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dz8u3OpayY5s

255

The link is to a heater core replacement video

315

If i were you i would take off all the hoses that go to the heater system and also take out the heater core and i would take compressed air out of a air compressor and blow out all the hoses and blow out the heater core and after all of this has been done then try putting the system back together with fresh antifreeze and a brand new thermostat and bet you will have great heat again.

1,550

First check to see if u have enough antifreeze in the system, your heater core could be clogged with some debris, i would disconnect the heater hose lines and flush out heater core with a garden hose, flush one of the inlets to the heater core and water should come out the other side, then repeat process to the other tube coming from the heatercore, it could be bad thermostat, just because its new doesnt mean a thing, if u do all that and still have no heat, then it will be most likely something to do with the little dampner doors inside your heater system, that control whether u want cool air or hot air, it coulf be the switch that changes from cold to hot.