Slipping issue

Asked by Oct 30, 2017 at 11:45 PM about the 2002 GMC Safari

Hi all. I have a 2002 GMC safari with
300thousand miles on it and it has been
running great! Now the transmission starts
slipping a bit specially while it's cold, after
driving a while it gets better although it still
slipps. Please HELP on what might it be
and what to do ;) thanks

172,835

You are lucky the transmission went 300k! If this were my vehicle I would try some Lucas transmission fix in hopes of getting a few more miles out of the transmission.

146,115

Yep sounds like it's loosing pressures, I have used TransX to help soften hardened seals inside trannies and it helps but sooner or later it is going to stop working altogether.

45

tennisshoes & F_O_R are correct, and you might even try draining the fluid and cleaning the filter before adding the Lucas treatment. YouTube has videos of directions for doing this. Don't push it hard, especially up the hills. Good luck!