fuel consumption indicator

10

Asked by Jan 01, 2014 at 12:41 PM about the 2008 Toyota Allion

I bought a toyota allion 2009 second hand car with a millage of 25000km . while i drove
it from where i bought it showed fuel economy  9- 10 km/ l in busy road. once i fill it full
i t shows around 5 to 6-5 km/ l and its two days has gone after filling it full. i dont think
any problem in the car but dont know why is it indicating so low millage. can any one
answer this please?

1,345

have you checked ACTUAL mileage (sorry, i'm american) to see how it compares? tank your car up, then compare miles/km driven to the amount you put in on your next tank-up. it's normal to have your fuel economy go down a little bit when your tank is full, as your car is pulling more weight. but that is quite a jump for this to be the only factor. Testing your mileage through a whole tank is more accurate, as opposed to watching your electronic management system. your mileage can DRASTICALLY change, with how your drive. my escort can get anywhere from 40 MPG (17KPL) all the way down to 12 MPG (5KPL) depending on how, where, and in what conditions i'm driving. keep in mind your electronic economizer is only checking short-term fuel consumption - not long term. compare your actual mileage to the average mileage that your economizer is showing you. also, check your economizer's readout on a freeway drive with your engine already warm, if it's still showing very low numbers, you may have a problem with the relay that measures the fuel coming from your tank to your engine - thereby giving a false number to the car's display. if this is true, the only issues i can see coming up, are with emissions tests, if you have to worry about them. (do NOT quote me on this, as i'm not very good with electronic parts)

10

thanks about your advices and ill see in to it.

20

My vehicle is Allion 2008, Chassis: ZRT261-3000804.Could you tell me the engine capacity is it a 1.8 or 2.0 Regards