My Toyota Allion right headlight assembly enclosure has miosture & algae growth

Asked by Dec 02, 2013 at 10:21 PM about the 2008 Toyota Allion

How to stop moisture and algae growing in the headlight assembly for Toyota Allion?. I already replaced the earlier one that have moisture content and this new one also has moisture in the assembly after driving a few months. Is there a quality issue with the right hand side headlight assembly?

10

its not sealing properly, was your vehicle in an accident? there is a rubber seal that should keep moisture out of the housing

not involve in any accident so far, but it is strange that even I replaced with a brand new one 1 yr ago on the same side, the problem surface again. I suspected also the sealing, is there a way to repair it?

10

Actually, I suspected it could be a manufacturing quality control issue as my 2009 Allion experienced exactly the same thing. While the moisture did not occur again after I serviced the headlight, I have seen other Allions right headlights with moisture as well.