fuel economy

Asked by Oct 16, 2008 at 07:30 AM about the 2008 Toyota Allion

I use NZT 260, mfd 2007 / 10, only gives me 8.2km / Lit on Sri Lankan roads??

25

most probably yours should be a 1.8 engine and usually vvti engies works better mine is a 2006 model it works around 15/l in s.l roads and itz a 1.5 , and is it a double cabs car or a single if it is double then wat you say myt be correct

60

I bought a toyota allion 2010 model. Driving is quite comfortable. I have been trying hard to get a good estimate of the fuel consumption. My current estimate is it works around 10-11km/litre in city and from 12-14 km/liter in long running. This I have tried with the green eco light on. You cannot speed beyond 60km/hr to maintain this eco light on. The visibility and the driving seat high i like most.

30

You can definitely speed up more than 60kmph , probably more than 100kmph if you accelerate slowly. Also breaking the accelerate( without keep pushing continuously) paddle would help turning to eco green light. on.

40

mine is allion 2012 model with1.5L engine work 20km/l in long journeys ( it calculate and gives average fuel consumption starting every time you add fuel to the tank and fuel consumption every 2 seconds and remining kilometers you can drive with your average i hope these figures are not correct but hope gives you a closer value). believe me, it hit onetime 22km/l when i went home gampaha from anuradhapura. it's totally your driving habits, road conditions, traffic that change the fuel consumption. avoid sudden accelerations and let the car takes its speed smoothly and be patient and try to avoid unnecessary slowing of your vehicle. of course you can go more than 60 and even 100 km/hr with above fuel efficiency. you may get used to it. it need practice and begin journey with plenty of time, dont wait for last minutes to start journey, because it need bit longer time if you really want to save more fuel.

10

yes all depend on driving style , road condition, my allion 240 (2003) done 13-15 km/l average,( it means combination of heavy traffic, highway and normal roads too)

Hi, i'm going to buy Allion 240. but i don't have any idea about fuel consumption of this. can any one give me the correct estimates for city and outside(highway/normal roads) readings ?