I purchased a 2007 Toyota Allion, A18 last December (2013) with only 20,300 Km on the clock & I wonder if it has some electrical problem!

165

Asked by Mar 30, 2013 at 01:20 AM about the 2007 Toyota Allion

Whenever my 2007 Allion A18 throttles it hitches/hasa slight occasional puff. Also when I drive below 80 KM/hour it feels as if the car is "pulling back", some occasional pulls as if losing power. It only happens at slower speeds. What could be the problem. No problem at faster speeds - 80Km/h and over.

89,875

Get the codes read to see if anything is stored in the ECU memory. It could be electrical or mechanical. At higher speeds, the engine momentum could be hiding the problem.

10

my dear friend check your ignition coil and sparking plug. im sure problem in that.

65

dude tune up your car and change the sparkplugs and your car will be good as new

165

Ashan, the car is "tuned", the spark plugs are new - that's why I'm a bit concerned.

I bought the same year 2007 Allion just February of this year and its the same situation I have someone says I should have someone check the engine mount as it feels as if the car is pulling back when I'm below 60 thereabout and when it starts the rev is a bit high.I just change the engine oil about 2 weeks now the plugs are ok and the transmission oil is ok as well along with the filters.

165

Chinieyes77 - I'm not certain that the engine mount could cause that kind of "backward pull". It must be something electrical or mechanically related to the engine. Someone out there could enlighten my understanding!!!

10

I bought a similar vehicle last March, I had the same problem. I assumed that it was just the fuel system clogged up a bit. I added a bottle of fuel injector cleaner before I re-fuel the car each time for three consecutive times. (From about 1/4 tank each time) Car works perfectly now.