I have a 2002 model toyota allion with a 1zz engine. The car is not pulling (accelerating) like when I just got it. It sounds like the engine is strained and the pick up speed is not the same.

40

Asked by Jun 24, 2015 at 11:42 AM about the 2002 Toyota Allion

I have changed the plugs, and done full
engine service.

Is the CEL on? Any odd noise? Put your hand behind tail-pipe (don't burn yourself, careful please) and is the exhaust seem like it is full flow? Mileage?

40

What is the CEL? Yes slight noise when excelerating. Will try the exhaust thingy tomorrow morning. Mileage at 138,000

Check Engine Light. A yellow icon resembles an engine

90

I have a similar problem with my 2002 A18 model of Toyota Allion. Shifting of gears is erratic and happens at very high revs, it fails to give power for pulling, the sound is unusual. It has clocked over 125,000km on the odometer. Mechanics advised I change speed sensor but there was no help. I have now been advised to change the entire transmission. Will this give me the solution?

20

I too face the same situation not knowing exactly what to do..

30

I also the same problem. ..The vehicle is at 134 000 mileage is can't pull I can't exceed the speed of 80km/ hrs mark and the reves count goes only as far as 2 .it doesn't go further than that.it becomes worse wen going up hill.I have done full service but to no avail. What can I do?

70,135

Any car that old might have a plugged up catalytic converter.