Can't get Triton to run on petrol

40

Asked by Apr 20, 2012 at 06:24 AM about the 1997 Mitsubishi Triton

I have a Mitsubishi Triton 2.4L 1997 model.It was partly dismantled when I bought it, but I rebuilt the engine and got
it running on gas.I have tried to start it on petrol but I can't get it to fire. The fuel pump doesn't seem to be working,
although I have taken it out and checked it and it does work outside the vehicle. There seems to be no power
applied from the wiring to the fuel pump.When applying external power to the pump I still can't get the engine to fire
on petrol.Any ideas what I could try next??

40

I still have not been able to start on petrol, even though I have changed the pump relay and tested the pump. The electrical power is not being sent to the pump when switched on with the ignition key. Could it be that the electrical system has been immobilised? I only have a sub key, I don't have a master key. By running on LPG it overrides the fuel pump (doesn't need it) and also it overrides the fuel injectors (doesn't use them)\ The model is a GLX, so maybe it was fitted with an immobiliser? How can I find out? Is there anyway to disconnect the immobiliser if one is fitted? I am getting 14L/100K on LPG which is good, but is not enough for me to go to the city and return, so I really need the petrol to work if I can get it to do so, or fit a second LPG tank (last option)