should the fuel pump come on every time I turn the switch on I can turn it off then turn it back on I can hear it every time

Asked by Mar 24, 2017 at 08:44 AM about the 1988 Chevrolet Celebrity

You will hear the fuel pump prime up every time you turn the key to the on position. Thats a good thing.

Best Answer Mark helpful

When it gets warm it acts like its not getting gas and won't crank

What do you mean, not turn over or turns over but not start?

Yeah gets warm runs for a second and dies let it sit and cool cranks like a champ replaced every thing from control module plugs wires coils oxygen censors fuel filter fuel relay switch fuses the guy I bought it from put the fuel pump on said it didn't come with new screen in a have to situation he used the old screen could that be it I haven't changed the pvc valve it's one owner 117,000 miles mint condition wish someone could help me out I really need this car to take my dad to doctor ect thanks

Bill, are the same guy as GuruZV8B?

Can you help please

Yes or no, I get the e-mail you delete...but what ever, just here to help. The best thing to do would be to check the fuel pressure. That is a fine screen on the end of the fuel pump and could hold fine d-bree, plugging it up.