How To Find a Fair Selling Price for 1979 Volare

Asked by Apr 09, 2011 at 01:35 PM about the 1979 Plymouth Volare

My Mother-in-law has a 1979 Volare that we need to sell.  I need to know two things.  It needs at least tires and battery.  I will fix it up if need be to get the best price possible for it for her.  What can I expect to get for it and what would be the best shape to put it in and still make a good profit for her?

Thanks!
Kathleen

Finding a good selling price would be difficult. The volare didn't have a huge production run, as compared to other cars produced during that era, and didn't have a particularly large sell through. Unfortunately they were also plagued by many problems and recalls. There value, according to various publications, is under a thousand in good condition. I know that sounds bad, but the engines they used are quite reliable. I own a '79 myself and have spent the last 9 years restoring it due to my absolute love for the car. If you take your time and don't sell too quickly, you will find another person like me out there who will give you good money for the car if it is in decent condition. There aren't many that are still operable out there, and though they are not particularly valuable today, I predict that they will be in the future. I think you could eventually make a little money on it if you just wait for the right buyer.