Carb issues

Asked by Feb 19, 2016 at 07:12 PM about the 1977 Plymouth Volare

Anyone know any good carbs to replace the 2bbl
tomco without having to change the intake. Bought
a new tomco to replace the original one on my
volare and I'm having choke issues nothing fits its
missing on cylinders and has really rough idle. I
have a 340 intake I could use but really would like
to save myself the trouble. Any suggestions?

37,965

Yes suggestions, lets try and get the carb adjusted properly. Running rough at an idle, try adjusting the idle mixture screws. With the engine off, turn them in until they stop then back them out about 2 turns. Warm up the engine and then start turning in the idle mixture screws until you hear the motor wanting to die down. At that point back it out until highest rpm, then 1/4 turn out from that point. May have to adjust idle screw also while doing this. Then there is the choke...