How do I disable a alarm system on this car I disabled the horn but the emergency flashers goes off how do I stop it the theft light blinks and I don know what to do I to disable the alarm

Betty Cook

Asked by Feb 28, 2015 at 09:18 PM about the 1999 Ford Escort

Tom Harmon

If it's factory installed .... you can't. If you keep trying then you have a good chance of harming the Anti-Theft system . This system is designed to prevent your car from starting if someone attempts to steal it. The heart of the system is that key with the plastic at the top .. there is a micro-transmitter inside and it matches the cars computer It is very sophisticated and repairs to it can run well into the $100's. .. indeed could be close to $1000

Betty Cook

How do I know if its factory stalled

Tom Harmon

If it has the fat key (plastic where the ring goes through it)

Tom Harmon

I'm not being newsy .. but how come you want to disable it? Once you disconnect the horn .. the lights will only flash for a few minutes and then stop flashing. If you ever want to trade the car in ... they will make you get it working before they will give you anything for it because the Government mandates that it works don't get me wrong because I hate it too