1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE+Cigarette Lighter

35

Asked by Nov 02, 2007 at 10:20 PM about the 1999 Ford Escort

Mine just doesn't work...I am trying to figure out where the fuses are because I have heard it might be the fuse. Does anyone know where the fuses are exactly? And if the fuse is not the problem...well what else is?! I need to get it working for my GPS THIS WEEK!! Please help? thanks!

the fuse box is locater under the dash about where your left knee would be it dose have a cover just snap it off and you will see fuses. if fuse is not blown ,take out old liter not hard to do only one wire conector maby two go to your local advance or autozone and pick up new lighter about 6.00a ,reinstall ,dont forget to plug wires back in.lighter should work.takes about 10 min to do this.

35

Well to remove the old lighter I would have to rip apart the instrument panel wouldn't I? Or is that to get to the wires only? Other than that question that would solve my problem (but since it might require goin through the instrument panel i'm gonna let my mechanic do it lol, i'm a dick...)