I have a 1966 Pontiac Tempest. I change and put in new light bubs and socket in the tail. Now my tail light don't come on when I turn on the head lights. They all used to work.. Can anyone help

20

Asked by Sep 21, 2015 at 12:42 PM about the 1966 Pontiac Tempest

1,255

did you use the right bulbs i think 1157

4,075

After validating the bulb type, make sure you put them in correctly (they are keyed to the socket) and also check the fuse. If all of this checks out OK, the problem may be corrosion in the sockets with a car that old.

20

Thank you for your help. Tonight I will check the bulbs to see if they're 1157. I'll let you know.. Again, thank you very much. Tempest66

20

Too very one who responded back. I would like to say thank you for your responds about the tail lights . I corrected the problem, I had the wrong wires connect to each other. I have a 1966 Pontiac Tempest that I sanded down the whole car to bear metal. When I was sanding the front right fender , I notice right finder is not the same as the left fender on the driver side. I notice the fender have another type of tempest fender on it instead of the original fender. I would like to replace that fender with the correct front fender, for everything would line up with the body and frame of the car. Where would I find the correct front fender for this car, please give advice. Thank you for all of your help.