Tempest 4bbl carb question

Asked by Dec 28, 2010 at 07:07 AM about the 1962 Pontiac Tempest

I have a 4gc carb that I have rebuilt and when you pump the gas pedal the carb is sparying fuel up toward the choke plate rod and causing it run over onto the outside of the carb thru the hole. What up with that?

300

Sounds like a worn choke rod or carb housing where it goes through. They make a brass bushing kit that goes in the carb housing where the rod goes through to remedy this problem. Just happens with age. Good looking engine by the way.