abs light burning

Asked by Jul 19, 2013 at 08:57 PM about the 1998 Toyota Sprinter

I have one of these cars and recently the ABS and tyre lights have been on constantly.  I have checked the brake fluid and have balance the air pressure in the tyres.  The lights are still burning. Can you tell me what is the problem?

well if work has been done recently, there is a device called an accumulator which stores up braking power to apply the brakes to the needed wheel to stop an uncontrolled skid...this takes time to "build up" the hydraulic pressure reserve...a bit like the vacuum tank that the assist uses...only with pressure...once this accumulator is full, the ABS system will be satisfied that it has enough power in reserve to do the job and the light will go off~