I have a 1960 TR 3. Its running temperature is 180 or slightly higher. In traffic it begins to head to 230. What is the normal running temperature ?

Asked by Aug 05, 2015 at 11:38 AM about the 1957 Triumph TR3

I have a 1960 TR 3. ITs running temperature is 180 or slightly higher. In traffic it begins to
head toward 230. What is the normal running temperature for this model and age. I just
had the radiator replaced.

22,725

ok- nice car- first, don't overheat the engine- these brits were never made for traffic jams in American heat- I know, I had a Hillman Minx, an Austin Healey 3000, and an MG TD back in the day- those were the days before electric radiator fans- you are lucky! we have them now-