WHy won't my Prizm start after running and getting warm?

Asked by Jul 14, 2012 at 01:01 AM about the 1997 Geo Prizm

I have a 1997 Geo prizm. It stalled on me going to work the other day and would start back up. It sat
for about 2.5 hours before my boyfriend got there to look at it and it started right up for him. After it
got warm again it wouldn't turn on for him. What could be wrong with my car? If it's being started from
parked for a little bit then it starts right up.

Patrick Whitton

2 things come to my mind with this problem. 1 being a bad fuel filter. A restricted fuel filter will only allow so much gas to go through. While the car sits gas will slowly fill the line that was used up from the car running. The 2nd is that one of your fuel lines some how got moved to close to your exhaust system. When the car gets hot it boils the gas if this happens and vapor locks your fuel system so it will not work. check out your lines then change the filter. both cheap fixes.