Exhaust System

Asked by Nov 21, 2011 at 01:32 AM about the 1999 Ford Crown Victoria

I'm looking for a good true sound out my 99 P71 but I don't want it to loud,  anyone have any ideas that maybe able to help me out when choosing and exhaust system?  I want a nice deep rumble at idle with a good strong growl when started at the same time not overly loud when i open it up.        Thanks for any ideas!

Borlla makes a great exhaust system,especally the mufflers.onley problem is,is if your car has a 2 in 1 exhaust,1 pipe comeing out the back or 2 pipes with 1 cat converter,im rying to say not true duel exhaust,it is illegal in all states to add a 2nd converter to do a true duel.

I kept the stock P71 exhaust, but changed the mufflers for Magnaflow in order to get more sound, but not have to worry about being stopped for loudness and to not get droning in the car when driving. One thing to note is that your car has a different diameter exhaust so the model number of the muffler would be different, for smaller inlet/outlet, but the sound would be about the same. I made a video and put it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xLUHpcVXl8

I like Andre's Magnaflow setup sounds good, but not enough rumble for me. I think Flowmasters would give it a good sound. Check out some videos on youtube, bet you will find a setup you will like.

Thanks for the answer and its a old police car with 2 pre cats and 2 cats also has an h-pipe that i dont know if i should take out or not

you talking about removing the cats? if so, that will increase the volume, and usually makes these motors sound like tractors. Sometimes they sound good, depending on the muffler setup.

no not the cats remove the cross over the H-pipe

no,you dont want to remove the H-pipe,the factory seyup has to be inplace,you can run any muffler you want.

I have a 99 Marquis single exhaust . running Thrush Turbo muffler. 2.25 inlet outlet,w/ adapters to the 2 inch pipes . big problem was the rear pipe over axle. Start at front of muffler and grind 2 grooves in muffler inlet to loosen joint. remove " nub " on intermediate pipe.Drop muffler out of rubber hangers, and the rear of pipe under bumper too. Cut rear pipe as close to muffler as possible Very tite bend at back of muffler leaves lil room for error . Thrush turbo sounds little louder, no drone but no stacatto like twin exhaust would give .Pleasent for a daily driver

I have 01 crown vic very clean n clear title will sale as whole for 900 obo cold air power locks n windows heat wrk inside n out clean mike 904-413-3735 have pics to send im on ws of jax