i need to service my car's A/C.can anyone tell me where does the cooler locate within the car?is there any need to disassemble the dash board to check the cooler?

40

Asked by Sep 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM about the 1999 Toyota Vitz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17DpGCcRj8

5,550

What are you talking about the cooler? There is a low pressure and a high pressure points on the cooling system under the hood that you add the freeon too. make sure you get the right type of freeon and make sure you hook up to the low pressure side when adding it. They should be marked high pressure and low pressure. Maybe you should bring it to a shop and have them do it for you so you don't hurt yourself

5,550

And no there is no reason to take the dash apart it is under the hood

40

actually i am not going to do it. garage owner said in some vehicles cooler is situated under the dash board and therefore dash board may have to disassemble.

yes you do if you want to get to unblocking the troublesome evaporator drain tube...locate it and blast it with air...this way water will not show up on the floor in the passenger compartment~

my toyota air conditioning is hermetically sealed and has not been touched in seven years...works perfectly...now the blower only works on 1,2.and 4...three if you jiggle the lever~...yeah I need a resistor pack...needs a bunch of stuff but works incredibly well for a 93 toyota truck~

5,550

You never said any thing about the water build up you said it needs to be serviced. Sorry I thought you ment it needs freaon. I had that problem with my 2005 mits and found the drain tube was clogged but it was right under the fire wall by the engine took me a long time to find it. Looked it up on youtube and found it. Sorry

why would anyone want to get to the cooler if it weren't for cleaning/maintenance? water happens...ice if the control valve isn't working or there is an undercharged condition~

5,550

well if you are low on freon air conditioning will freaz up

40

My original problem is my car becomes too slopy when i drive with a/c on.i have been told that the a/c system service will resolve the problem.will it?

40

When i ride with ac off there is no such a problem.engine works perfectly

you're still gonna want the a/c to work to defrost the windshield~

there will be a 20 to 30 percent reduction in performance when the A/C is engaged...you must just put that bad puppy to the "off" position when climbing hills...you already knew this~

40

yes.but there is a significant reduction in performance even the car is running on a flat surface.it mainly affects the acceleration ability of the vehicle.every time i have to turn off the ac when i stopped at the colour lights and during the traffic jam

okay yes, if NO vacuum leaks are detected...maybe you took the time to replace each of the [chewing gum and coal tar] lines to silicone ones~ vacuum leak....with the A/C on is probably what's happening here....you can adjust the idle speed on this model, but let the ECU decide what the proper idle speed is...hound dog the vacuum leak and deal with it by replacing cracked butyl rubber~

okay the fuel pressure regulator may not be regulatin'~

40

Thanks for the response. Another issue.my car boiled twice within past two weeks.i drive average speed around 40-60 with ac onan this be due to a problem with ac?