how do i get my car to run?

Asked by Oct 31, 2010 at 03:40 PM about the 1988 Subaru GL

i tried to do a tune up on my 88' gl sedan. i changed the plugs wires and distributer cap.  after completing this i tryed to start my car and it wouldnt start. after further investigation i noticed  that it was getting gas to cylinders 2 and 4 but had no gas in 1 or 3.

Rent or borrow a fuel pressure gauge. Also, I have two of these cars and earlier this year one would not start. Since it had just been run the night before I knew it had to be something simple or very apparent. I pulled off the throttle control switch connection and low and behold .....corrosion!! A little WD-40 and it fired right over. It was a bugger to get off though. This sits to the right of the throttle-body . Conact me if this helps, toddcrhoads@yahoo.com