What Subaru engines are compatible to fit in my 1987 Sub. GL wagon, 1.8L 5 speed?

Asked by Jun 23, 2013 at 05:34 PM about the 1987 Subaru GL

Engine reaching the end of its life soon, rest of car is in great shape, hoping to keep it
around if I can get a good deal on a compatible engine and stick it in!

6,225

Basically the same motor that is in it now, the 1.8L from that vehicles lineup. Talk to your usual mechanic and they should be able to locate one that's been rebuilt or is running or if you plan to do it yourself just hit the web. I believe the engine code for that 1.8L you have is an EA82.