subaru gl wagon automatic transmission

15

Asked by Sep 08, 2012 at 01:27 AM about the 1987 Subaru GL

Just stopped working, no warning, worked great, then instantlly nothing, what the heck???

1,205

Are you sure it wasn't slipping and you just ignored it. Huh??? Maybe it was just slipping when it was in reverse? Anyway, that won't do you any good. If you want to keep the car, you'll have to get it fixed -- probably a new tranny. So, either get it fixed or find a sympathetic dealer who will give you some money for the car (you can have it towed if they agree to buy it ) and start shopping for your new ride on carguru.

Best Answer
15

Downhill pressure won't let you shift, no biggy, get someone to pull car backward a few inches, just enough to relieve pressure, shift into neutral, put on E brake, start car, put in drive, e brake off, and go. Next time you park up or down hill, step on foot brake, put car in neutral, apply E brake tight, put car in park. Put foot brake on before starting next time, start car, put in gear, take e brake off Android go.