automatic trans problem

10

Asked by Oct 02, 2010 at 02:10 AM about the 1987 Subaru GL

ok so i have a 1987 gl-10 turbo 4wd wagon with an automatic trans with park reverse neutral driver 2nd 1st.  First thing is when you put it in drive it wont shift to 2nd 3rd or overdrive it just stays in first  but if you put it in the 2nd gear slot it will go into 2nd what will it take to fix the trans so that it will shift thought all the gears
second there is this button that says height right under the cruse button and i would really like to know what it does and how to make it work

6,425

the height means you have the air lift suspension now whether or not that works is a different story look your car up on wikipedia if you wanna know more about the options such as the air lift, now I would say your transmission needs a new computer unit so have your TCU (Transmission Control Unit) checked.

10

same its a bear, the govenor drive gear is gone. It happens to all the autos,, you need to get the correct drive gear.. watch what they give you threre are three sizes.. how mant teeth.. it will shift manualy but not to top gear.. goveror is not spinning..

10

how do i know which one i need

10

how would i go about getting that checked and is there any way to do that for cheep