I am trying to check an E A 81 engine and at this time, I can't put apart the two parts that they make the engine monoblock, I haven't found the way to take out the PIN for freeing pistons help me

Asked by Jul 24, 2015 at 12:13 PM about the 1986 Subaru GL

I need to know about some tool to take out the pin from a piston after taking out the
spring lock from that part. If you can help me I'll be glad on you. Thank you.

Wow...I will give this a shot. Do you mean wrist pin to get piston off rod? I Googled Subaru monoblock and it re-directs to wheels...? Anything - by - definition in English for monoblock means one piece block. Can you explain what you mean? What spring part? Piston rings? After you remove piston rod cap the piston and connecting rod will come out. The top. Assuming heads are off. Then you will have a piston, the rod, and the rod is connected to the piston by a wrist pin, that allows the rod to move back and forth while connected to crankshaft, it can't be rigid. Bottom line here...free piston from WHAT?

Is this for real? The spare..not to mention full size spare, in the engine bay? 1989 Subaru Leone.... 1.8L 'boxer'

Fordnut, yes it is, I saw your off line message and looked this up, here's another picture, link and picture for you. Look at this article and pictures here, similar to the Leone with the spare in the trunk. http://bringatrailer.com/2010/01/18/40k-mile-survivor-1985-subaru-gl-3- door/