Does anytone out there know what it take to change my 1988 Subaru GL sedan from front wheel drive to 4 wheel drive/all wheel drive? also what would need to change to make it turbo?

Asked by Oct 09, 2015 at 10:32 PM about the 1985 Subaru GL

I am having a hard time finding info on my old subarus. and part and stuff are hard to come by as well. any help will be greatly appreciated. I also have an 85 4wd wagon that id like to get wheel adaptors and a lift kit, bumpers light ect and cant find any available parts.

For example, google "Florida salvage yards". A list of yards will pop up. You can email or call them. Let them know what parts you need and they should email or call back with an available parts list. They will also be able to let you know the shipping rates. I would check non winter states for the parts. Northern states tend to crush all vehicles 10 years old and over due to the fact that hardly anyone still drives cars that old due to salt and rot.

I mean.. you might be looking at extensive changes depending on how the trans is controlled electrically / abs / awd sensors? / electrical harness from headlight to taillight (or just bits and pieces), mounts for an AWD car that might not be on the FWD and potentially much much more. ALSO, this might seal the deal, measure from front to back wheels on both cars and see if they're the same length.