We just bought a '85 Subaru gl wagon. All of the sudden the break are locking up on it. We changed the front rotors and the break caliper on the left side but they continue to lock up.

Asked by Apr 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM about the 1985 Subaru GL

We also are trying to find a caliper for the
right side... It has e-break cables on the
front.

6,915

The slides might be stuck or gummed up really badly. Not letting the pads move back away from the rotor. And your adjuster for the hand brake may need to be adjusted. I would look for a forum related to your model and search for threads on brake maintenance.

6,915

And that could be an adjuster at the hand brake or at the caliper per the design. That is, if it has an additional adjuster at the caliper. There are several designs I think. Come on back and let me know what you find out :) Best regards,