I have a1986 pontica Parisians and this is what it is doing long as I am driving it run good but soon as I make a stop it start to Shakes real bad and then when I pull off its goes back to

70

Asked by Apr 11, 2015 at 09:16 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Parisienne

95,025

Back to....... what?

Best Answer
70

To running pick up speed but soon as I stop again it start back to shaking like it going to turn off could it be the copper radiator

95,025

I wouldn't think so, it sounds more like a vacuum leak. Is it still carburated or injected?

70

I have had a tuneup did tell the truly Ihave had aa lit done to this car I have had it for two year and it ran great up until now

70

Carburated

95,025

Ah then it is most likely that the card needs an overhaul, probably some thing got in the idle ports inside the carb or a gasket went bad, with this garbage they call fuel today is really hard on carbs that have not been updated for the fuel.

70

Would that cause me to smell gas fumes loud

95,025

Flooding, also could be carb related, if the float is sticking then fuel could overflow out of the vent and spill over the carb and into the air cleaner assembly and possibly onto the engine itself causing a fire.

70

Ok thanks for your help

70

Oh this what I want to ask u this I have had two people tell me two replace the carb would that help or solve the problems

95,025

The problem with replacing the carb is a lot of times you wind up with a carb that is in worse shape than the one you had, the only times I have replaced a carb is if it was damaged or the throttle shaft holes were too far gone so they couldn't be redone with bushings, then I had to do work on the replacement to make it perform properly. But the choice is yours, if you are doing the work yourself then replacing the carb might be best for you.

67,375

Have the carburetor that's on the car rebuilt. Do not buy a rebuilt carburetor and turn the old one in for the core charge. Believe me, I speak from experience!! HTH. -Jim

70

Thanks

67,375

You're welcome. Glad to help. HTH. -Jim