The timing belt has messed up 3 times already,why might this keep happening

Asked by Dec 17, 2008 at 02:01 PM about the 1999 Ford Contour

who ever is putting it in sounds like they should stay away from it,if the belt tension is not right it will jump time or pop off,you could also have worn gears on the cam gear or crank gear,the Contour has beena bad car for Ford,when they came out new they had problems.

what do I own,71 torino cobra,70 \71 ranger xlt,3 T-Bird,super coupes,.2-89,s 1 90,99 grand am,2 S10,09 SHELBY COBRA KR,2 peterbuilts,FYI,that is 2 tractor trailors,now what do you own??? oh I also own my home.

SO,im waiteing,what do you own???

25

look you want to be a jerk and Bad mouth Contours left and right..it's your right. I own a 1998 gl contour. I have had some porblems with it yes...but they aren't junk! look up the mondeo brand from the uk ...make a informed deciision...I am deleting this club if they let a bad mouthing jerk run it...have agreat life .

HAY im not bad mouthing the contoure,I just said that it was not the car ford though it was,as for the jerk thing,hay you asked what I owned,and I answered your question,so what is your problem.

HAY DUDE,why did you DELITE your question?????