Tail & Dash lights not working

80

Asked by Mar 01, 2016 at 09:22 AM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

Hi everyone , I'm hoping someone can help me here.I have a 2010 ford
bantam 1.3i base model.Theres no option to select 2010 model so i'm
putting that info here. Last night while driving home , my dash lights
suddenly went out.I just checked again a few minutes ago and they still
dont come on.My tail lights also dont come on.My reverse lights and head
lights and hazard(emergency) lights all work.I checked the fuses and
double checked them , all are fine.Any idea on what could be the problem ?
Thanks to all in advance..Ajay

50

May be cables problem which will be hard to find. Another thing I would check is the fuse on the battery positive cable.I'm not sure if this car has it but I would assume it does. I had similar problem on Toyota, where half of the electrical stuff was working and half was not and the car was starting just fine.

80

thanks for your reply.I checked the positive cable from the battery.there is something there , its not a fuse ,but everything looks fine.It looks like a 3-pin kind of switch.I'm just worried that without tail lights in the night , it will be difficult for other drivers to see me at night , and that may cause an accident.hopefully we can get it sorted out soon..thanks again for your help.

80

Just another question if you can help please.How many fuse boxes does the bantam have ? I was looking under the passenger side of the dash board and there is a box ,not sure if its a fuse box or something else. but i cant get to it.Is there more than one fuse box ?Please help...

80

Hey everyone.Some feedback on the problem. i replaced all the fuses except 1 , that the shop didnt have.and then i replaced the combination switch.Armstrong had for R3349:32 , I called a local spare shop and got the switch and all the fuses for just under R600:00 .Fitted it on and everything is working great.Just remember to put the relay from the old switch onto the new one for the hazard lights.

10

Hi. I have a similar problem but difference is that it only happens for a short few seconds while driving so I haven't really noticed the tail lights but the dash lights and sticks all die at once and come back to life again. please tell me where the combination switch is located

80

Hi , the combination switch is located on top of the steering column.Open the covers behind the steering (above and below)with a small star screwdriver , there should be 4 screws in total.Then you need a stubby star screwdriver to open the screw on top of the combination switch.remember to unplug the wires first on both the left and right sides.the combination switch will just lift up without any problem.i have attached a picture of the switch so you can see what it looks like.It is the complete unit , not just the arms.

Hi I am having the same problem. where did you buy the switch from ??? Midas does not stock

80

Hi Josh , depending on where you live , you can get from most spare shops.I bought from one in Pinetown , a few shops had the part , but different prices.Otherwise , i saw there's people on Gumtree , Junkmail and OLX that have for sale.