ford bantam thermostat problems

Asked by Sep 21, 2015 at 06:21 AM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

Hi There. Please assist. I have a ford bantam 1.3 2008 model. Recently, hot air from the engin started coming into the cockpit of the car and through the airvents. i took it to an autoelectrician who diagnosed the problem as the fan failing to switch on. the heat gage only moved slightly into the overheating zone. i had to replace the thermostat housing which i did. the fan now started to come one after some time. after driving abit of a distance again,  hot air from the engine started coming into the cockpit once more, the faster you drive or longer, the more hot air comes into the car. the fan switches on as normal and the heat gage does not move into the overheating zone. i cant figure out what the problem is because the housing was installed correctly with no leaks. please help

72,085

They call it a AC Actuator, if not AC or it is, check out the control module for the temperature control. This controls the air vent that controls cabin temperature and directs the air flow to the different air vents..

100

There are two pipes from engine to cab. They enter through a switch that have electric wires. It needs to be changed

This happened to me a year ago on my 2006 Bantam 1.3. At the same time the red ignition light was either flickering or on full with engine running and battery flattening out. I eventually replaced the alternator and the battery which solved both problems. So I never really did find out what had caused the heater to come on full.

10

I usd Matlopela 's solution lst year nd it solved the problem

100

Ohk rite

40

Thermostat or cooling Fan relay problem Guys I have ford bantam rocam facelift 1.3 2006 the car overhead, so when I took off the temperature switch plug on the thermostat housing, the fan kicks on and also the car heats up even when the heater is turned off, please help guys and thanks in advance

72,085

Refiloe, post the question...