Ford bantam brakes

Asked by Apr 23, 2015 at 11:50 PM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

I wondered if i can change my 2011 bantam
disk brakes on my own.will i have to bleed
the braking system or can i just remove it
and fit the new ones?bcoz if i drive
normally i have almost no brakes but if i
pump it 2 times i have brakes again

12,185

I would recommend bringing the vehicle in to have the brake system inspected. If you have to "pump" the pedal to get brakes, chances are this is not a rotor/pad issue. It sounds more like a break booster or master cylinder problem. It wouldn't hurt to check the brake fluid level as it may be low, but if it is, it is being lost somewhere (calipers, or a fitting) and would still need to be looked over to find out the issue.

215

Before removing the front discs, make sure the pads / calliper pistons have been pushed back into the cylinders. Remove the brake fluid reservoir cap to allow the brake fluid to come back into the master cylinder reservoir. Once the discs or pads have been replaced, pump the brake pedal a few times to allow the pedal a full pedal and the applied brakes work.