Ford bantam starting problems

110

Asked by Mar 24, 2015 at 02:09 PM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

Hi! I have a 1.3 bantam 2007 model, it only starts when the engine is cold. Ford
mechanic tells me to replace the throttle body,  solenoid and the starter motor. Could that
be the problem?

42,815

It could be a bad neutral safety switch, ignition, or starter. Since it only seems to fail when hot, I would suspect the starter. When you say it won't start, do you mean after hot it will crank over but won't fire up, or you turn the key and you get nothing?

110

Thanks! reelin68. It cranks but it doesn't fire up.

42,815

Okay, if it's cranking over but not firing up, it's not a starter issue, ignition, or a neutral safety switch. You either have a no fuel issue or a no spark issue. Start it up and get hot so it will have the no start condition. Once it will not start again, take the fuel cap off. Put your ear to the hole. Have someone hit the key to the Accessory position. Can you hear the fuel pump hum? If you do, the car should be getting fuel. Next you will want to check for spark. If it has spark, pull a spark plug and see if it's all black and fouled. Post back with your results.

110

Thanks again Reelin68 I managed to get it right, I found out that the problem was with the Coolant Temperature Sensor. I changed only that and the engine is back to normal.

42,815

That was going to be my next thing to check. That's why I had asked you to pull the plugs to see if they were black and fouled. But you beat me to it! Good job! Glad you got it running again!

I have experienced the same problem a couple of days ago. thanks for tips found here. In my case, the starter has warned out, so brushes in the starter had to be replaced.

10

Hi guys My bantam 2008 also won't start..checked coil pack..all is ok? But I did notice my temp gauge wasn't worling before I had the problem of no start up??