Starting problems

Asked by Jul 10, 2014 at 05:22 PM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

My bantam does not want to start. After trying to start it a couple of times if you leave it for+- 30 min it eventually starts up , but then it runs rough. It idles as if it is running on 3 cylinders or in the old days as if the choke is open and it smells of fuel. After it heats up everything is fine and it runs fine as well. I have found that the problem of starting the bakkie is worst on cold mornings than on hot mornings. The bakkie is basically brand new (20000km on the clock). I hope someone could give me a idea of what it could be.

85

We had a problem with our starter motor and replaced it. Starter motors on these Bantams seem to be what I call factory faults. Like their heaters. Check your oil pump first.

105

What Model year ?