hi everyone. I have just removed a blown up gasket from my ford bantam 1.6i lx 2007 model. would anyone know the tougue settings for cylinder head n sequence? Thanx in advance

10

Asked by Dec 17, 2013 at 01:23 PM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

1,795

is this a rocam motor?

1,795

Ford 1.6 Rocam Motor: BE SURE TO USE NEW BOLTS AS OLD ONES WILL BE STRETCHED. THEY'RE NOT EXPENSIVE. The torque settings are 40N.m (29.5ft.lb) + 120 degrees for the bigger M11 bolts which secure the main part of the head & 15 N.m (11.06 ft.lb) + 45 degrees for the 2 smaller bolts in the timing chain section. Procedure is as follows: 1) Starting with the middle pair of M11 bolts tighten to 30 N.m working outwards and criss-crossing as you go. 2) Repeating the same order, tighten to 40 N.m 3) Tighten the M8 bolts to 15 N.m 4) Turn the M8 bolts another 45 degrees (I suggest you make a paper template to hold next to the bolts) 5) In the same order as before turn the M11 bolts another 60 degrees 6) Turn the M11 bolts another 60 degrees to make total 120 degrees turned.

Best Answer
10

Thank you very very much, I truly appreciate. Just one confirmation. the degrees; does it mean after the torque i will fasten by moving the wrench by that angle from initial position?

1,795

The bolt head once you reach your final torque example your m11 to 40n.m turn bolt head 60 degrees criss cross all then an aditional 60 again to make 120