Ford Bantam 1300i 2008 model fuel pump

Asked by Apr 20, 2012 at 09:12 AM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

Hi guys, I have a Ford Bantam bakkie, 1300i 2008 model. I recently traveled on a dirt road that was shaky as heck and while driving my car just stopped, kind of like it wasnt getting any petrol but my tank is full. My mechanic friend said there is an on and off switch for the fuel pump but I cant find it. Does anyone know where this switch is......or even if this realy is the problem?

745

The emergency fuel cut off switch should be located inside the plastic skirting by the passenger footwell close to the door. You need to remove the rubber and use two small flat screw drivers to remove the stepsill clips then you should be able to remove the plastic cover next to it the swith should be in there. Inspect to see if it came loose and try to blow out with compresses air or check for a reset button.

Best Answer