Ford Bantam 1.3i (2007) Parasitic Drain 190mA

5

Asked by Apr 19, 2012 at 09:26 AM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

If I leave my Bantam for more than 2 days the battery drains and I need to jump start it. I have disconnected the fuses under the steering wheel but the drain is still 190mA. I have a alarm and separate tracker also installed. Any ideas where the drain is coming from? Help Please.

12,005

Your fuse idea was the right way to go. Since you are knowledgeable on basic DC circuits leave your amp meter hooked up and one by one pull fuses until you can eliminate or reduce drain. This should show the faulty system so you have it narrowed down. One other thing to check is the top of battery. If you have any amount of electrolyte on top of battery this can produce an electrical path and slowly drain battery.

5

I have tried different ways. I have connected amp meter between negative pole on battery and battery connector then removed fuses one by one and alo with all fuses out but the draw is still same 190mA. There is nothing on battery. Battery top is clean. is there another fuse box in the bantam that is hidden that i can check ?

12,005

Just a suggestion.....I would get a Haynes manual for your vehicle (about $30). These manuals have fairly detailed schematics that would help you more than I can on posts. I have a Haynes manual for all my vehicles Good luck