Fuel consumption problem

30

Asked by Dec 17, 2010 at 05:33 AM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

Hi I have a huge problem at hand. I own a 1.3 Bantam 2008 model. I use to ged 13km to a litre of petrol. Lately I have been getting 5km to a litre. I have changed and re-gaped the plugs properly, I have changed the air filter as well as the fuel rail conected to the injectors. (This was what my dealer suggested) none of this worked. I have very bad carbon emissions from my exhaust (which was  checked by an expert and is fine) the vehicle also does not use oil and the coil wire's are also fine. Can anybody please give me advise?

try replaceing the fuel filter,clean egr,clean IAC.with carb cleaner.

30

This has been done as well. The problem is that all the fuel passing through the line does not get ignited if that makes sense.

Yea it makes sence,you stated you replaced the fuel rail,did you replace the injectors,if one is bad it will drip into the cylender and not ignite,I would have them checked,if you can do this test yourself,do this pull all injectors leave everything hooked up,put a piece of cardboard in front of injectors,have a friend or someone turn on keyswitch,see how the fuel spray hits the cardboard,they should all spray at the same time with same amount of spray,if 1 or 2 is a lesser spray pattern,they bad,replace do again,if spray is equal to the rest,you found the problem.

695

I had a similar problem on a customers car, it turned out to be a faulty water temp sensor and cold start actuator by the throttle body, first we replaced the temp sensor wich improved the situation later we replaced the throttle actuator and that solved it. We later added a unichip Q-type and that improved the fuel consumption even further. Hope this helps