noise in engine

Asked by Sep 27, 2019 at 02:09 PM about the 2007 Ford Bantam

when I accelerate in any gear too hard, I get a kluging sound, until I relax on
pedal.  Change CV's both sides. still have problem. Sound seems to come
from where left drive shaft goes into gearbox/engine.

4,055

Are you sure it's in the drive train and not an engine problem .

Thank you for coming back. I hear the sound from there if I lay under the car. What is confusing is that the drive side wheel rotates even if gear is in neutral.Thank you

4,055

Yes this will possibly do this and rotate. If you hold the wheel it will stand still, even if its in neutral. If you place the vehicle in gear it will be in dirrect drive.

Thank you. I also thought so, but have problem in calming wheel in neutral. It needs some effort. If not that area of sound, what could be possible reason for that sound? Thank you.

4,055

It could possibly be that noise also travels. I would take a large screw driver or use a stethiscope type special tool and probe the areas where you think the noise is coming from. If you use a large screw driver, place the tip of the screw driver in the area of the noise and and the top of the plastic handle to your ear. Its amazing what you can hear through this.

Thank you. I will definitely give a go. go well