2006 Ford BantamIs my Rocam motor firstly, a Zetec & secondly, noninterference or interference? Thank y ou.

85

Asked by Jun 18, 2014 at 09:56 AM about the 2006 Ford Bantam

1.3i

85

It is not a Zetec motor. What most people would think is the timing belt is actually called a drive belt and drives the water pump, alternator, aircon (if fitted with one), etc. The timing chain is located inside the block and head and has nothing to do with the drive belt. It is interference. Also, once a new drive belt has been fitted it is wise to check the condition of the water pump, alternator, etc. I hope this helps others with a similar problem. This is for the South African market. I have noticed that there are differences in various country's models.