My Ford Bantam Bakkie will not start when you turn on the ignition key,engine is dead.

Asked by Nov 20, 2013 at 01:10 AM about the 2006 Ford Bantam

lawrence.wesman@gmail.com

24,035

Hopefully, the engine isn't dead, just the battery

150

Hi alphadog did u get it sorted? Mines doing the same and hope u have some advice for me.

215

If the engine will not crank. Check the LED next to the clock. Does it come on for two to three seconds or does it flash quickly. If it flashes quick, it will then flash up a fault code, a long flash the short flashes, '1' to '5'. In this case as with the LED staying on, the PCM or Computer Box will need repair. There is someone in Pretoria who repairs them. Remove the Computer Box, The Key reader and the two keys. The person who repairs them is on (South African Phone number) : 0820606425

Mine is not reading the key. It flashes one then one two three and repeats. Please help how do I sort it out?

215

Did you drop the ignition key at any stage. a code 13 indicates – Non-PATS key or damaged encoded ignition key, or no key code received. Vehicle does not start. The PCM is not receiving a signal from the PATS Key. It could be that the transmitter in the key is damaged. The Transmitter can be replaced. We repair these systems. We are based in the Pretoria area in South Africa. Phone me at : 0820606425.