My Ford Bantam Bakkie will not start when you turn on the ignition key,engine is dead.

Asked by Nov 20, 2013 at 01:10 AM about the 2006 Ford Bantam

lawrence.wesman@gmail.com

26,055

Hopefully, the engine isn't dead, just the battery

170

Hi alphadog did u get it sorted? Mines doing the same and hope u have some advice for me.

735

If the engine will not crank. Check the LED next to the clock. Does it come on for two to three seconds or does it flash quickly. If it flashes quick, it will then flash up a fault code, a long flash the short flashes, '1' to '5'. In this case as with the LED staying on, the PCM or Computer Box will need repair. There is someone in Pretoria who repairs them. Remove the Computer Box, The Key reader and the two keys. The person who repairs them is on (South African Phone number) : 0820606425

10

Mine is not reading the key. It flashes one then one two three and repeats. Please help how do I sort it out?

735

Did you drop the ignition key at any stage. a code 13 indicates – Non-PATS key or damaged encoded ignition key, or no key code received. Vehicle does not start. The PCM is not receiving a signal from the PATS Key. It could be that the transmitter in the key is damaged. The Transmitter can be replaced. We repair these systems. We are based in the Pretoria area in South Africa. Phone me at : 0820606425.

Hi my 2007 ford bantam's rev counter and engine temp guage is not working

735

Check the condition of the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor. With the Ignition Switch turned to ON and disconect the ECT Sensor on the Thermostat housing, and the cooling fan will come on. Its part of the default system. Check also the condition of the wiring harness between the PCM and the cluster. At the engine idle the engine will have a slight miss fire every seven seconds. If this happens there will be a communication problem between the PCM and Cluster. Perform a cluster self test on the cluster. : Ignition OFF, Press the ODO Trip button and hold it in and switch the Ignition switch to ON and hold, till the LCD on the ODO displays TEST, The RPM and Speedo will go to full clock sweep.

10

I have a ford fiesta rocam and it won't start at all. The light flashes 1 and 5 so I take it that it is a code 15 what would this mean just had the whole motor redone

735

A code 15 from the LED by the clock meams that the keys need to be coded to that Computer system. Normally at this car's age the PCM need attention, but try haveing the ignition keys coded first.