spark plugs keep burning time and again

Asked by Jul 17, 2013 at 02:53 AM about the 2004 Ford Bantam

Good Day,
I have a problem with a ford bantam bukkie rocam 1.3 2004 model, it keeps burning spark plugs expecially in cylinder No 4, can you please advise what might b the problem? i have already change the bougi-cords but still gives me same problem.

There is limitet information available on the Bantam. While looking, I can't determine whether it has a distributor or coils pack. If it has a coil pack, or one dual polarity coil for each cylinder, try putting a new coil on #4. but some of them have a dual coil pack, with one coil pack for 2 and cylinders and another for the other two. Then again some have distributors. If is shorted maybe it's sending too much voltage and coking your plugs. All it is is a step up transformer with windings to give the plug 20,000 to 30,000 volts at miniscule amperage, but that high voltage makes a good spark. One thing you can do is take the spark plug out of #4, hook everything up with the plug out (ground spark plug with alligator clip wire or just ground electrode to block (not center, the tab) and have a helper crank it over..needs a nice cobalt blue spark, If the spark is yellow something is not right...bringing us back to coil

50

Hi my ford bantam bakkie has no spark we tried everything and no spark it is a 2003 model 1300import engine if I try starting no spark but if I swich of fast its throw spark back if I try start again no spark

50

Invite me on whatsapp 0616539372