My Ford bantam rocam starts to lose power and shudder when the engine warms up? I've replaced the coil pack, leads, spk plugs and fuel filter. Could it be the fuel pump?

20

Asked by Aug 05, 2016 at 02:44 AM about the 2003 Ford Bantam

My Ford bantam rocam starts to lose power and shudder when the engine warms up? I've replaced the coil pack, leads, spk plugs and fuel filter. Could it be the fuel pump? First I thought it was 1 spark plug and I would replace it and the car would run fine for 2 weeks then start again. The plugs look fine and it happens every time the car warms up.

10,995

What codes does it have misfire code? Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail how many PSI. how many miles as engines age valves lose their efficiency. Connect a vacuum gauge to direct intake vacuum 19-21Hgin Ok

is this issue sorted? I'm having similar problem

20

I found that my "fuel charging harness" had come loose and was sitting on the back of the hot engine block hence this only starting when the car got hot. So I secured this harness back to where I think it should go and cable tied it down and the car has been running fine since. But I'm still not entirely convinced it was just this simple wiring harness but let's see what happens.

20

Problem came back, taking it in to be diagnosed.. @Auto_Centric the car has over 265 000km on the clock so I'm guessing you right, but I will have to take it in to have all that tested.

I went to Ford dealer, they suggested to check plugs. When we checked the plugs the new one which we changed during the service (just three weeks ago) were the cause of the problem. The problem was happening even the car was not hot. Thank you

20

After I replaced the spark plugs the car ran fine until I came down a steep road, then I lost power and spluttering. Saturday morning I put new spark plugs in and Sunday night it happened again, when I pulled out the plugs this is what I found. Why is no.2 plug so black, could it be the piston rings?

Get your engine checked. mine the cause of plug issue was the Cylinder head. I have replaced my head looks ok for now

20

Will do, thanks esinto2.