My Ford Bantam Rocam need water after 2 or 3 KM

Asked by Oct 19, 2015 at 03:08 AM about the 2003 Ford Bantam

I have a Ford Bantam 1.6 Rocam that cannot travel for about 3Km as it keeps on finishing water. I put water and travels few kilos, when I open bonnet there is no water. The radiator is fine. please assist

37,905

Have the system pressure checked, look for leaks, pressure check will show if system is leaking, even if you don't see a leak, means it would be internal to the motor (head gasket). Look closely at hose connections, heater core, radiator.

Best Answer
37,905

In the mean time, keep an eye on the oil level in the motor, and watch the exhaust for a lot of white smoke. Oil level getting higher, and exhaust are indications of a bad head gasket.

70

Check your top gasket or there is a core c on a head, block or pipes

Thanks for those who advised me to look at the head gasket. the was a pin between the gasket and the head, which means the top was not level. problem is now solved.