Hi all! My ford bantam 2003 model 1,6i XLE rocam engine is overheating after few minutes after I started.Fan tested and is functioning well. What could be the problem? Theo.V

Asked by Jul 25, 2015 at 12:39 PM about the 2003 Ford Bantam

My ford bantam 2003 model 1,6i XLE rocam engine is overheating after few minutes after I started.Fan tested and is functioning well. When I switch on the aircon the fan works fine & when it goes to red the aircon switches on but still overheating. Water and oil are in the correct levels. What could be the problem?

19,840

Thermostat, water pump, clogged radiator or cooling system.

105

From my experience it's the thermostat

Check the pressure on your water pump, thermostat and double check if is not mixing water and oil

105

Is the fan a two speed fan ? The air con models should be two speed. Is the thermostat a genuine Ford part or pirate part ?