When driving it's heating up inside the cab through the dash vents, the heater is OFF and it's set to cold. Why is this happening???

Asked by Jun 03, 2014 at 09:22 AM about the 2003 Ford Bantam

Very frustrating on hot days because of the heat.

135

Replace your heat valve, if you open your bonnet then you will see it on your left side two water pipes is connected to it.

40

Similar problem and have replaced my heater box as well as the one that goes into the motor with no better results.

same problem for long time - replaced heater valve now some times the aircon makes cold but if i stop and go in n shop and get back it wil be stuck on warm air coming out - need any advice as i drive in town hole day

40

I know this thread is old, but I have the same issue as durand, replaced heater valve a few times now, the aircon works perfectly until you stop somewhere for a few seconds/mins and when the car is started again, hot air is all that you feel. I suspect that it may be the heather control pot, in the cabin, but I am looking for a cheap used replacement to test my theory, Ford want R6k just for that lot.

80

I have the same problem. Is it possible to disable it completely. I would rather dress up warm in winter than put up with this

70

Yes I found a temp sulotoins. At least iets cols and not hot. Won't cost you any thing. Whatzapp me. 082 308 4605. And the guy that want to test. Change the pod. Have an ide whots faulty and its not the heater valve.

180

I have the same problem on a bantam 2007 1.3i and am forced to drive with my windows open to reduce the heat.....may somebody come up with solution please..... I have replaced heater valve, and was fine for few weeks, then started heating up.

30

What can I do experience the same problem stated above

40

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, DISCONECTED THE PIPES RUNNING INTO THE HEAT VALVE. JOIN THEM TOGETHER AND THE COLD WATER NO LONGER GOES INSIDE THE CAB BUT CIRCULATE OUTSIDE