How do I remove the sump of a 1.3l Rocam engine of a 2003 Ford Bantam bakkie?

Asked by May 13, 2013 at 04:11 PM about the 2003 Ford Bantam

I don't want to remove the engine from the car unless I have to, but will do so if its the easier way of getting the sump off. Quite apart from that, I ESPECIALLY don't want to disconnect the inlet- & outlet pipes from the aircon compressor - but again, I will if I must. The difficulty is that the bracket holding the aircon compressor (and the alternator, which I have removed) hides one or perhaps two of the sump mounting bolts. As the aircon pipes are not flexible, I think that I MUST remove them (and, unfortunately, decompress the aircon system in the process) in order to be able to remove the bracket holding the aircon compressor. Difficulty #2 is that I have not, so far, been able to source a copy of a Haynes or similar Repair Manual for this car.

745

Did you come right yet? What did you do? Could you bend the pipes a little?

70

Remove gearbox there are 2 bolts behind backing plate

40

You need to remove the drive shafts, transmission mounting plus the bell housing bolts, disconnect the reverse light switch wiring and speed sensor wiring and the pipes to the aircon. With the transmission removed you then remove the clutch and flywheel to access the sump bolts.The sump have 16 bolts and must torque 6 nm