Dashboard light (computer\box key)

Asked by Apr 01, 2019 at 03:30 AM about the 2001 Ford Bantam

My Ford Fiesta RSI cuts randomly and the light on the DASH switch on, if
the light goes away then the car starts. I only have untihighjack unit on my
car. Ford suspects the key so they want me to bring it in.

sometimes I turn the key 5 times and I hear beeping sound I then press
unlock or lock on the key and if i'm lucky the car will eventually start.

4,085

Check the power hold relay in the inside electrical junction box. Check also the fuses. Hoave you dropped the ignition key at any time ? It could be a broken key transponder.

Thank you for responding. All my fuses are fine, I have tested my relays too at some point, the issue started last year, the car can work for 3 months with no issues then out of the blue bloom! but I'll have Ford check the key transponder. If I don't win I'll like you to check it personally

Fuze box

Light on the dash of the RSI

4,085

The Immobilise LED next to the clock should come on for about 2 seconds and then go OFF. It sounds very much like you could have a Computer Box problem. We only repair and refurbish these units and we also repair the key readers as well.

What do you advise I do with this issue

4,085

It seems like a PCM issue. Please Whatsapp me on 0820606425 or phone me as we repair these units.

Best Answer Mark helpful