WHERE IS THE OIL PUMP SITUATED IN FORD BANTAM 1800 EDURA ENGINEDIESEL BAKKIE?

Asked by Dec 14, 2014 at 09:34 AM about the 2000 Ford Bantam

NOISE COMING FROM CYLINDER HEAD AND ENGINE.

520

The oilpump is right behind the crank belt pully, you will see an aluminium housing bolted to the engine block, if the noise progressed with time, start looking at your cam hydrolic lifters. If it started sudenly look at the plastic timing chain tentioner , the part that is in contact with the chain is rather thin and clips on to the the biger part.. It might be broken an would couse a loud clack sound. Chances are you have worn timing chain sprockets and a stretched timing chain. The hydrolic tentioner that sit behind this. prity much lasts forever. But is more than likely pushing the plastic tentioner and chain against the cam sprocket that is why they break. This would be the one on the back of the head. The front one is just a chain guide. And wouldnt contribute to the noise. Other than that the sound might not be the head or engine, but at the dieselpump.?